Personal Telco Monthly Meeting for Febuary 23rd 2005
When and Where
Urban Grind Coffee 2214 NE Oregon St. (take 22nd Ave. 2 blocks North of Sandy Blvd.)
Wednesday, Febuary 23rd 2005. 6:00pm - 9:00pm
- 6:00PM - Introduction to Personal Telco for newcomers.
- 6:30PM - New Nodes and other announcements.
- 7:00PM - Business followed directly by informal meet and greet.
- New Node Announcements
DarrinEden announces Foxfire Teas - NE Fremont and 46th. He describes the area and the quick 2 hour install. He describes the kids playing area and the fireplace. Says to check the area out.
AaronBaer talks about completing Node674 on NE Rodney and Skidmore using a Metrix Mark I and a 9dBi Omni. Great coverage from this setup.
Aaron also talks about Veganopolis and a crowded spectrum on 2.4Ghz in the area. TomHiggins and AaronBaer used a WRT54G and loaded openwrt to provide coverage within the whole space. Aaron says the owners encourage people to come and hang out.
- Irving and Brandon talk about flashing ewrt onto a Linksys wrt54g and installing it in bar15. We talked about essid use and the need for roaming integration. ewrt 0.3 beta-1 is out! applause
- Aaron Talks about Madrona Hill on NE Ainsworth and Greeley. He talks about using a client bridge to the owners house for the internet connection.
RobertPetersen talks about using 5 WDS capable AP's and bridging the whole network @ Node625 WestoverTowers. Considers which nodes to use as bridges. Options are presented including Fusium, Node495, and Irving Park.
- Other Announcements
- Hack Nights
- SSID Consistency
- All Personal Telco Project nodes require a consistent name of "www.personaltelco.net". This is for the purpose of roaming between access points.