- Board of Directors nominations
NodeRedandBlack Jun 21
NodeUglyMug Jun 14
NodeLuckyLabNW June 7
- OSCON table
- Education Committee: PTP U. CD, PTPHandbook Progress
- Mississippi update
- Finance Committee: Troy's update. Taxes 2005
RussellSenior delivers tedious PTP Civics lesson.
RussellSenior is nominated for secretary. Gave a video presentation featuring an unmanned rocket blowing up. This is his metaphor for PTP without his leadership.
TroyJaqua is not here, but he is nominated for treasurer again.
- Node updates:
NodeRedandBlack has been resurrected. It was a node, but then it was disconnected, but it is now a node again. Much thanks to Brian from CorporateBig. DonPark recommends that weekly meetings be held at broken nodes so that we can fix them while gabbing about Wifi.
Fixing broken nodes is good, but we don't seem to get much done in the way of discussion and planning... -CalebPhillips
- OSCON is July 26th on
- We have a table and one full pass that we can pass around between folks who work the table.
- There are usually many parties with hosted bars if you come to the Exhibit Hall and get invited by the hosts.
- Exhibit Hall is free (with your e-mail address), conference pass is around $1000.
Education Committee. CalebPhillips is assuming the education role. MichaelWeinberg suggests KeeganQuinn for the position, for a more *colorful* education effort. DonPark would like us to have an education document that we can give to node hosts to help them learn and manage their own nodes.
- NAYA based Cisco is back online.
- The Black Rose Collective still has a 1.5M circuit that wants to be tied into the Mississippi Network.
- We have multiple repeaters running on the street with a new WGT firmware.
RussellSenior has still not climbed on the NAYA roof.
Incidentally, TroyJaqua has just arrived.
BenjaminJencks wants to remove NAT from all the repeaters.
MichaelWeinberg defends NAT because the repeaters are essentially CPEs and are serving small networks in homes and businesses.
TomFitzgerald suggests using 200mbit Powerline Ethernet devices to distribute the network.
RussellSenior encourages those with "good ideas" for Mississippi to show up and work on them.
- Finance Committee
- Money we received:
- Things to buy:
- Mississippi spent about $600
WiSpy spectrum analyzer. Current model analyzies 2.4 GHz. There should be a new model this summer with an external antenna connector and 5.8 GHz capabilities.
- Other business: