- Status of iris transition:
- New 1TB and 2TB SATA drives (one each) installed
- Either CPU doesn't support or else hyperthreading is not turned on, so we only see the 8 primary cores
- 64 GB of ECC RAM installed (initial ebay batch had one bad stick, seller replaced)
64-bit ArchLinux installed
- DNS slaves configured
Glue record for ns1.personaltelco.net repointed (thanks CanvasHost!)
- Nginx installed as web server, partly configured (work in progress)
- OpenVPN and OLSRd installed
- Home directories restored
- Hurricane Electric ipv6 tunnel repointed at new iris ipaddr.
- irc.personaltelco.net repointed at an inspircd instance on drei (a VM-sibling of knod)
- jmc's hackery on old-iris mostly broken at the moment:
- have a second static IP from stephouse
- working on setting up a VM on iris to host a gentoo instance for jmc
- initial attempt to resurrect old-iris in 32-bit VM failed (grub2-mkconfig seemed to not find the kernel)
- planning to try again with a 64-bit VM and a generic gentoo install, hand keys to jmc for his playground
<your item here>
- more iris configs to do/not do:
- There was an old mail server on iris that will now be brought up elsewhere.
- Nginx needs to have PHP configured.
- Cacti needs to be set up (and maybe munin).
- SSL certs copied and translated.
- Need to pull in MySQL data files (no dump taken) to MariaDB.
- pigs, cacti, conf, fat.pigs, fcc, liquor.pigs, map, munin, nodes, r.pigs, trac, users, wiki, wiki.pigs, wordpress, wild.pigs, zena, xabix websites
- wiki upgrade needed
- IPv6 is available at Stephouse, but the net allocation would be too small (and net constrained at 10G).
- Discussion about whether top-2 candidates (most votes) will win elections (yes, agreed to).
Annual board meeting will be second Wednesday in August at NodeKeegan.
- Checks ($250 and aluminum $5X) are waiting to be located in Russell's house, need to be found, then deposited.
Need to reengage with NodeArborLodge members and settle back payment.
TedBrunner noted Don Anderson has opened a new Wilsonville brewery (Vanguard) west side of commerce circle (beyond World of Speed).
- Next week's meeting's suggested site is C-Bar at 2880 SE Gladstone.