Introduction and General Question Session
- Intro for new faces:
- A quick introduction to the goals of PT.
- Smattering of discussion about VoIP, hand count of operational nodes.
- OpenAP: The grail of seamless roaming being pursued actively, but not yet operational on any PTP Nodes.
- Freek Geek showed up mid-meeting to show their new slimtop wares. This scribe did not inspect closely, but machines looked to be 486 or low end Pentium for PTP Projects. Talk to Oso, Richard or Laurel and pick up a box for higher-profile nodes. They said to drop in 12-8 Tuesday through Saturday.
- Outreach: City Club was raised as a possible point for Spreading the Gospel.
- Marketing and Outreach discussions led to suggestion of Personal Telco Business Cards or Tri-FOld Brochure - Let's See Some Designs!
- Michael ponied up for Pioneer Square node - can people chip in 5-10 bucks to keep the ball rolling? Bring it to the next meeting.
- Talk about Hardware: We running low on all fronts and need donations. Got too much gear? Know someone else who does? Donate equipment! Please help out in whatever way you can! Got too much time? Let people know!
- The issue of overlapping nodes is to be resolved thusly: The AP node with the lower node number defaults to personaltelco.net and the higher AP node number gets personaltelco.net/node161 (or node21, node666 etc).
- Nodes of Note now set up: Heaven, Monteauxs Restaurant, South Park Block node hot on the heels and wide in dispersal!
- According to some rumor, Nigel has helped to manifest a node at the Pittock building, but this is all really hush-hush. So hush. Big thanks to Don, Dan, Nigel, and the many other names I didn't finish typing!
Scriber Disclaimer I was still getting over a seriously congested headcold at the Meeting. Don't hesitate to add your perspective if your memory is better than mine.