March 2006 Monthly Meeting
When and Where
Urban Grind Coffee 2214 NE Oregon St. (take 22nd Ave. 2 blocks North of Sandy Blvd.)
Wednesday, February 22nd, 6:30pm-9pm
- Printed Documentation Update
- sample document, 4 pages
- mesh, PTP style, show equipment
- request for help (DaveODell, graphics)
- Grant officially ending, but network will continue
- Local resources - looking for developers
- Client devices/Repeaters
Warpedaling setup and proof-of-concept, RussellSenior CalebPhillips
- Node Updates
- Powells Technical Bookstore
- New Secretary: Russell Senior
- Finance Report from Troy
Your ideas here
Meeting started at 6:42pm
DonPark started off with a handout on building point-to-point networks, using the ArborLodge mesh as an example.
MichaelWeinberg gave a status report on Mississippi.
- Described the local content system recently configured on chevy: Drupal
- Sam Churchill asked if the HMCN Drupal page was linked off the splash page. He also asked about interfacing into a AJAX/Dynamic map program.
- Tom asked what the actual education plan for the Mississippi project was. Mike said that they were delaying the education due to lack of coverage of the access points. He wanted more APs up before the education process started.
RussellSenior presented graphs from Cacti for the Mississippi project system (see MississippiNetworkMonitoring)
- Showed effect of a power outage on Tuesday
- Discussed uptime problems with the metrix boxes (kernel panics in madwifi-ng)
Russell also passed a Netgear "widget" (WGT634U) around, used for both a MississippiNetworkRepeater (have one in the field, will be installing another one at Amnesia Brewing), and ...
RussellSenior talked a little about the WGT Stumbler (thanks to JasonMcArthur), a NetgearWgt634u with attached USB1 hub, USB GPS and USB storage. Tried to show some maps, mentioned http://www.WiGLE.net/
Tim and Sam started talking about WiFi location software. Sam mentioned Loki.
DonPark announced the appointment of RussellSenior to act as PTP Secretary until the end of the current term, July-ish this year.
TroyJaqua gave the Finance Report and also announced a new release of Ewrt, for Linksys WRT routers like the WRT54gL