- Node notes:
NodeCommunitecture -- back online, still needs a visit to run cable to the front window
NodeSherrett -- back online, RussellSenior, JasonBergstrom and TedBrunner installed a ubiquiti unifi ac mesh with directional antenna on Saturday, the host is planning to switch ISPs (at least for a trial)
NodeStreetRoots -- no reply to query as yet
NodeCascadia -- Russell needs to follow up
NodeBuffaloGap -- Was there a cable that needed testing?
- Russell is going to talk to someone Thursday in connection with pandemic response and DIN
- Grant proposal -- no progress this week
- Blocked some access from hosting services to knod to avoid wiki spam, let Russell know if this causes any trouble. Unless someone is terminating a VPN on one of these hosts, normal web browsing shouldn't be coming from the blocked networks.
<add your item here>
- Node notes:
NodeSherrett - Saturday install of Unifi AC external AP, signal reaches down the driveway and across the street. Plans to replace upstream with T-Mobile package (5G home service, has 2 ethernet ports).
NodeCommunitecture - online again, still want to run a cable to move it closer to the window.
NodeCascadia - did get a reply, but need to follow up
NodeFirstUnitarian - end user back online
NodeBuffaloGap - not sure if there is still a cable that needs testing (was 6 months back), Russell will follow up
NodeStreetRoots - no response so far
- Contacted by group (We All Rise consulting) via Russell's involvment in DIN meetings, Russell will talk with them tomorrow.
- Today's DIN meeting
county has hired a person to fill position, was a DIN representative from FreeGeek
- city will be hiring a similar person
- Administration has appointed candidates for open FCC positions
- Oakland City Council passed ordinance that prohibits exclusive ISP deals in apartments
- Russell plan for block grant proposal, TBD
- Due to wiki spam, Russell has blocked some IP ranges on knod.