Vesta Corporation (where BrianCochrane and JimmySchmierbach currently work) recently donated about 45 HP Brio model BA200 computers to PersonalTelcoProject. Continuing on the CloneArmyBox legacy, I've decided to refer to these boxen as VestaCloneArmyBox or VestaCab.
- 433MHz Celeron CPU (fanless)
- 2 DIMM slots for PC100 RAM
- 3 PCI slots
- PS2 serial and mouse connectors
- 2 USB connectors
- 1 RS-232 serial port (DE-9)
- 1 parallel port
- on-board video
- on-board sound
- game port
- 4GB IDE HDD
- CD-ROM drive
Some of the boxen have 64MB of RAM, some have 32MB, and some have none. Almost all of them have a Linksys PCI NIC (use the 'tulip' kernel module) installed.
Here are the preferred BIOS settings for a VestaCloneArmyBox:
- Main tab
- set date/time to GMT
enable floppy and CDROM drives
- Security tab
remove supervisor password (current password on most boxen is "monaco")
- Power tab
- turn off "Auto Suspend Timeout"
- disable "HDD Power Down"
set "State after a Power Failure" to On
- Boot tab
- set first boot device to "ATAPI CD-ROM Drive"
- set second boot device to "Removable Devices"
- set third boot device to "Hard Drive"
- These boxen have spent some hard time in a very busy call center, and therefore are in need of some serious cleaning inside and out.
- Some boxen have had the CD-ROM drive disconnected, so make sure to check the IDE and power cables.
If you grab one of these boxen from the BatCave and it happens to still have an asset tage affixed to the back (it will either say "PROPERTY OF CARRIER SERVICES INC." or "Property of Vesta Corporation"), please remove the tag and give it to BrianCochrane before installing the box at a node location.