- Test backfire antenna from Commons to Ed's.
- Discuss lossy naya-sw/commons link.
- Consumed delicious burritos
- Tamarack demonstrated his cool wireless network analyzer software on his tablet, and his wi-spy on his Mac.
- Troy mentioned there was a new release of Ewrt.
- Troy talked about wanting to move mail from bone to donk. Troy doesn't have an account on donk.
Russell told Troy about a desire to hold a BoardMeeting to discuss how to spend remaining MGP funds, possibly on Friday.
- Russell talked about his machine shop progress for the day:
- fabricated antenna mounts, intended for two omni antennas side-by-side 18-inches apart, out of 3-inch steel angle iron, tapered (to reduce weight) using a plasma cutter. currently getting a coat of paint for rust protection.
- built an adapter (from steel bar) so that i could use a standard metrix box mounting kit with one of Rick's enclosures. Enclosure ready to go on a neighbors roof now.
- adapted a clipboard as a mounting board for a bicycle wgt-stumbler (work-in-progress)
- cut and drilled a couple pieces of steel bar to beef-up the bending u-bolt plate for the Commons mast extension.
- Climbed on the Commons roof to try out a backfire antenna to Ed's. Screwed around for a while getting both ends configured. Never saw a peep at either end. I think because we (Russell's stupid idea) pointed Ed's antenna back at Naya, and maybe took Commons completely out of the (25 degree) beam. I guess we need to have Caleb climb up there again. Caleb reported by phone that a new (improved) chimney mount is on its way.