Date and Time: Wednesday, November 19, 2014, 6:00pm-8:00pm
Roll Call: Them
- Pick location for next weekly
- We are going to check on the node here, it's had a malfunctioning radio or something
- Afterwards, we can walk down the street to Storm Breaker Brewing or something, if you arrive after 7pm, give Russell a call/text and we can coordinate a rendezvous
- Digital Inclusion Summit debrief
JasonBergstrom returning (recently replaced) Soekris to Russell/PTP
Your Item Here
We have relocated to NodeCrowBar (6:25pm)
- Digital Inclusion Conference - Russell met the Multnomah Library Director
- Charlie Hales gave a brief, promising speech
- Head of Washington County Library management indicates that their WIFI is open 24h a day (this was a concern for Multnomah County).
- Should provide public computer access room.
- Also PPS, Parkrose are looking to move all resources online, may be interested in providing WIFI outside of the fence.
Many parties (independently) mentioned publicly-owned last mile, Comcast and CenturyLink mentioned Net Neutrality.
- PCC allows "local" people to use their hard-wired network (wifi is locked down).
Skip Newbury is working for Software Association of Oregon successor: http://www.techoregon.org/.
- the Skanner newspaper guy was there, plus many others ~35-45-ish people.
- Code Oregon was also in attendance, they are looking for mentors. Informal tutoring?
- Multnomah County Library has a technical support position open for a maker space.
Next week's meeting is the monthly at NodeLuckyLab.
- Discussion on one or two meetings in December.