- Pick location for next weekly
We'll be meeting in the central hallway between HotLips and ?? on the ground floor.
JasonBergstrom will be headed out of the meeting early to check out the Hillsdale Neighborhood nod to Google Fiber http://hna-pdx.com/2016/02/24/agenda-for-march-2-2016/ which was set up prior to the PUC tax abatement approval for Google.
- Watch Ted install openwrt on his WZR600 router.
Your Item Here
Next week's meeting is the Hack Night at NodeKeegan
RussellSenior noted the FCC mandate to enforce certain frequency and WIFI power restrictions by AP vendors has come to pass, and later sent a link commenting on a vendor confirmation http://www.metamesh.org/#!The-Lockdown-is-Here/ostn2/56c61ec00cf25df9371e8436 This impacts all deployments of new hardware, and as in the comments to the FCC also leaves some hardware more exposed to eventual lack of vendor firmware upgrades (bugs, but hey why don't you buy a new router anyway...).
- Our immediate takeaway should be to collect any equipment from nodes that have gone off-net, especially if they have no intention of returning to the fold.
- Node Notes
- Ted and Russell installed a slightly broken firmware on Ted's Buffalo WZR600DHP router, Ted is going to fix and reflash. We talked about the care required in moving the constructed "output" directory tree to the "files" directory. The tricky bit is that if files already exists, then the mv command will create files/output, which isn't what you want.
- Google was a no-show at the HNA meeting, so nothing to report.