- Pick location for next weekly
- Node notes:
NodeHayduke -- had an outage in the MR24, power cycled.
NodeAnkenyTap -- the old WGT634U was replaced on Friday with a Meraki MR24, we are on for a noon install this coming Saturday, have a spot scoped out above the ventilation duct, maybe should bring some rag/towels for padding the ladder ends to avoid marring the walls.
NodeGreenNoise -- the old WGT634U was replaced on Monday with a Meraki MR24, maybe can move to a wall mount location, thanks Tomas!
NodeKnow - was down for about a week ago, email'd to get it power cycled, was rebooted this morning (Wednesday).
NodeMississippi -- had an outage on the net4826 on the Mississippi Ballroom building when Russell attempted to reboot it remotely, it did not come back up cleanly (we've seen similar at NodeFirstUnitarian), stopped by and power cycled, working again now.
NodeSteele remains to be checked for bad ToughCable, checked NodesByAge and couldn't immediately see where the cable might have ended up, one possibility is NodeBobWhite, which would be lucky on two scores, since it is: a) inside; and b) abandoned.
- As noted above, we no longer have any WGT634U or Accton MR32A routers as node gateways, which means everything we have deployed now is updatable, YAY! Furthermore, all nodes VPN tunnels are off of iris, which means we can reconfigure the iris OpenVPN server to use in transitioning our public key infrastructure.
Investigated the idea of signing ssh public host keys, however it seems that dropbear does not support the HostCertificate option required for this to work, and installing openssh servers in place of dropbear is probably not worth the feature, looking at other options such as making host public keys available online for checking.
- I have ordered a spool of "Vertical" brand outdoor cat6A. We may ultimately get a replacement box from Ubiquiti, but that is not going very quickly, may need an invoice from Invictus to proceed, I have inquired with them as well, no reply yet.
Maybe we can try to use a few minutes at the meeting to get stub entries for some of these nodes created... (JasonBergstrom doesn't remember any use of ToughCable, so it likely just predates the first nodes I worked on - or possibly NodeEd?
Your Item Here
Discussed where we might have deployed the ToughCable.
- VPN tunnel to drei complete, now to set up new tunnels on iris.
- Node notes:
NodeHeyduke - unknown issue with MR24 requiring power cycle.
NodeAnkenyTap - move this Saturday at Noon. Russell and Jason confirmed.
NodeKnow - needed to powercycle.
- Discuss options for VPN tunnel
- Russell has a neighbor interested in switching to Sling, but doesn't have a direct link to the upstream. Possibly fiber, but requires UV jacket.
NodeFirstUnitarian - new user is looking for a section of UV-rated cable for connectivity to node.