- Pick location for next weekly
- Node notes:
NodeEdison -- two of the NanoStationM's were flashable out of the box, Russell is working on the third one, it being more problematic. The wall mount kits have not arrived yet.
NodeWeidler -- ethernet to ap1 has been reconnected, the wifi interfaces have been re-enabled, and the access point has been rebooted, so the earlier bug report has been resolved.
- Dnsmasq with multiple CVEs, means node firmware updates are probably needed, might be possible to just update the package, needs investigation.
- Russell put in some time with Free Geek on Tuesday, helping sort out some network changes, possible we could leverage that into a more official node.
- Meeting reports:
- City of Portland, Smart City people
OpenSignal (formerly Portland Community Media)
Your Item Here
FreeGeek CL Fiber - Have an old Dell Debian router with 8 network cards. Have Comcast, replacing Integra DSL. Purchased /29 of static IPs.
Use FEWM to generate firewall rules, RussellSenior was only onsite for 5.5 hours, many discoveries.
- Are they open to a PTP node? Probably, but prefer no cost (weatherize MR24?)
- City of Portland, Smart City - Kevin, they will be discussing with Parks?
- Russell will check in on Thursday, to set follow-up steps
Meeting with OpenSignal, on MLK (Taylor - was at Hollywood Theater) - have a new IT person.
- Video upload is done on-site
- Flashing of the NanoStationM's, 5.6 series allowed reversion to 5.5.10 (older uboot, which did not care about signature)
- 5GHz XW version required different firmware than 2GHz
- Wall mounts have not shipped yet.
- Later shipped 2GHz July/August manuf. XW firmware, post to a mailing list suggests that 5.5.16 signed can be first flashed, then use binwalk to crawl unsigned version, then apply via fwupdate 5.5.10
- Trendnet TPE-210 (v2 $40) hardware arrived, supported by old lede-supported uboot.
- EFF event - Monday the 16th, 6-8pm Electronic Frontier Alliance - 1208 SW 13th 2nd Floor (NW Academy) - learn about online privacy
- DNSMasq bugs - force overwrite of DNS cache - it can be installed as a package, what about factory reset?
No meeting next week, following week is the monthly at NodeLuckyLab