- Pick location for next weekly
- Node notes:
- Conversation with Wood Village
- New box, Dell R630, beginning to come together!
- updated BIOS and other firmware, using the ISO method
- purchased some dell-compatible 2.5-inch drive caddies (6 for $45-ish)
- started to install debian bullsey + virt-manager
- need to locate a second 4TB SATA drive
- lots of RAM (128GB)
- some hoop-jumping to get uEFI booting on a RAID1 array
- dd'd a couple 200GB logical volumes over the internet from magenta (took ~7 and ~12 hours due to RAID1 synchronizing at the same time)
- NTIA Comments due on Friday
Your Item Here
- Node notes:
- Wood Village has a new city hall building near Edgefield. Wants to extend network from building, mounted APs on pole in parking lot. Ziply-managed service for $75/mo.
- Want to extend coverage further out to lower-income areas, at least down Halsey, ie bus stops, gazebo in park
- Russell suggested businesses along the street may be best positioned to support the effort, also suggested city council had interest in Municipal Broadband
- New server build is coming along, got past some issues with EFI booting from media, updated firmware
Copied over knod and iris vm disk images from WiLine
- Russell will be submitting NTIA comments on Friday
- Ted remembers that he needs to submit the Fed 990
- Russell finds the second 4TB SATA disk in a box in his basement and completes the array (synching now), vaguely repairs the uEFI partition, semi-reliable now.