← Revision 58 as of 2003-06-22 20:35:41
|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 28:||Line 28:|
* WirelessLeiden kicks ... if they can do it so can we!
* Buy a TeeShirt!
|Line 31:||Line 29:|
* Ideas for promotion (flyers, stickers, conference, talks, fair, WarDriving etc)
* WebVisions Conference
* OSCON O'Reilly
* Pioneer Square reinstall/going away?
* WirelessCommons and PicoPeer sites
* NewbieWorkshop III (TomHiggins)
* WebVisions Conference - July 18th 9am Oregon Convention Center
* OSCON O'Reilly - July 7th-11th Portland Marriott
* Pioneer Square is gone. New lead? NigelBallard
* NewbieWorkshop V (TomHiggins/DatNguyen)
|Line 39:||Line 35:|
* Transparancy: It hurts the community if we have secrets
* MailingList reorganization. Admin dies. Ops open, and traffic pushed to general. Board opened to members.
* "Problems" with commercial providers, why some stuff is still secret.
* Any have better ideas?
* Don to take more active technical lead role.
* Does anyone have leads of cheap/free office space?
|Line 49:||Line 39:|
|* New website online - thanks to JoeWain and LonnieWormley|
|Line 56:||Line 47:|
|* At the top of Rocky Butte||
* Triangle Network - Rocky Butte Video; Klickitat Video; Baer Video
- Who's used a node? Who uses a node regularly?
- Official Member Introduction (so member wanna-bes can get a sponsor)
- Wireless Basics
Q&A Session ...
- ==== Basics ====
We are an Oregon NonProfit
- We are a 501(c)(3) corporation
- Opens up PTP to a world of grants and donations
- PTP dreams. Digital divide. Freedom of speach. It's all really cool folks.
Propaganda Update. Tee shirts, stickers and more! (LonnieWormley)
WebVisions Conference - July 18th 9am Oregon Convention Center
- OSCON O'Reilly - July 7th-11th Portland Marriott
Pioneer Square is gone. New lead? NigelBallard
- "Overthrowing Qwest one block at a time". It may have been a joke, but now it's time to grow up. We need to reach into the community and learn how to work with it.
- We attempt to be a meritocracy. As such we will be accepting nominations for new board members on a "what have you done for us lately" basis.
- Membership status
- President Term of Office / Nominations / Voting
- Updates from other wireless groups
- Location! Location! Location! (Morrison bridge, north/south park blocks, skidmore, brooklyn park, washington park etc)
Cafe on NW 21st, DarrinEden
- SE Cafe and Developers ...
Rose and Raindrop LucasSheehan
- Triangle Network - Rocky Butte Video; Klickitat Video; Baer Video
- Who's used a node? Problems? Requests?
- Soekris boxes, what and why.
ThePlan progresses: from hotspots, to "the mesh network ...
Uptimes, not too bad. PioneerCourthouseSquare has been up for over a year, hw changed three times and still has only been dow about a total three days.
- Help wanted! Got an idea for a presentation please let us know.
Anonymity on nodes w/ Cebolla (ZachBrown)
Accountability without traceablity ... how? (AdamShand)
IPv6, OSPF, and AODV as the backbone (ManSig)
- Distributed mangement and monitoring of Nodes
General question and answer session, infrastructure/ad-hoc mode (AdamShand)
- Captive Portal Demonstration (needs to wait for connectivity)
- FCC regulations (Unknown)
- RF lesson (dB vs dBi vs. dBm, fresnel zones, pathloss, isotropic radiator, etc)
War driving as a marketing tool
- Sucess stories (this is what I did to get my node up)
- Hardware recommendations and what to look for in an AP)
- Can anyone explain WDS? Other hardcore wireless stuff ...
- Keeping Free Sources of Internet Connectivity Happy through Bandwidth Management