|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 15:||Line 15:|
|* none||* Don Westlight of NWAX|
|Line 33:||Line 33:|
|* New Standing Committee: Education Committee, Chaired by Rick Lindahl|
- Who's used a node? Who uses a node regularly?
- Official Member Introduction (so member wanna-bes can get a sponsor)
- Wireless Basics
Q&A Session ...
- Don Westlight of NWAX
- ==== Basics ====
- PTP dreams. Digital divide. Freedom of speach. It's all really cool folks.
Propaganda Update. Tee shirts, stickers and more! (LonnieWormley)
WebVisions Conference - July 18th 9am Oregon Convention Center
- "Overthrowing Qwest one block at a time". It may have been a joke, but now it's time to grow up. We need to reach into the community and learn how to work with it.
- Cool news from other wireless groups
Seattle Wireless - "Seattle Wireless FieldDay" Aug 30th. Similar to amateur radio field day, a mock emergency network will be created this summer using off-the-shelf 802.11b hardware, computers, and battery/gas power supplies.
- Seattle Wireless - King county and Kitsap County Regional Libraries offer "Wi-Fi" access for properly equipped laptops, PDAs, and other device. Its free and no enforced time limits.
- New Standing Committee: Education Committee, Chaired by Rick Lindahl
- Location! Location! Location! (Morrison bridge, north/south park blocks, skidmore, brooklyn park, washington park etc)
- SE Cafe and Developers ...
Pioneer Square Area NigelBallard
Coffee Plant KeeganQuinn
Capuia International TomFitzgerald
- Who's used a node? Problems? Requests?
- Soekris boxes, what and why. New Soekris Model 4801 $262 for board only. 266mhz 586-class Geode CPU. 128MB ram. 3 10/100 enet. CF. USB. temperature monitor.
ThePlan progresses: from hotspots, to "the mesh network ...
- Terms of service: Comcast and wireless sharing?
- Help wanted! Got an idea for a presentation please let us know.
Anonymity on nodes w/ Cebolla (ZachBrown)
Accountability without traceablity ... how? (AdamShand)
IPv6, OSPF, and AODV as the backbone (ManSig)
- Distributed mangement and monitoring of Nodes
General question and answer session, infrastructure/ad-hoc mode (AdamShand)
- Captive Portal Demonstration (needs to wait for connectivity)
- FCC regulations (Unknown)
- RF lesson (dB vs dBi vs. dBm, fresnel zones, pathloss, isotropic radiator, etc)
War driving as a marketing tool
- Sucess stories (this is what I did to get my node up)
- Hardware recommendations and what to look for in an AP)
- Can anyone explain WDS? Other hardcore wireless stuff ...
- Keeping Free Sources of Internet Connectivity Happy through Bandwidth Management