← Revision 19 as of 2018-08-29 21:06:03
Revision 20 as of 2018-08-30 09:13:20
|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 57:||Line 57:|
|* Russell and Jason discussing NodeBuffalo maintenance on Saturday||* Russell and Jason discussing NodeBuffaloGap maintenance on Saturday AM|
- Node notes:
NodeStreetRoots -- was offline due to ISP change, fixed up temporarily, planning to replace Buffalo WZR600DHP (broken antenna) with an Meraki MR24 tomorrow.
NodeBuffaloGap -- install a Ubiquiti ER-X in place of the Alix for better bandwidth, also needs an ethernet tip replaced (due to lost tab)
NodeAnkenyTap -- review status
Received donation from JorenLove's employer (2018-08-29):
- Russell describes status of ubifs write-back problem investigation (applies to both mr24 and er-x)
- Russell notes that he paid the Oregon corporate renewal ($50) only a week or so late (oops).
- Russell tells of his road trip adventures
- Ted said yes to Annual Board Meeting at the monthly, as he (and Jason) will likely not be at the next weekly.
- Orchard Supply Hardware is supposed to have all inventory liquidated by November 2. Jason bought all the low-volt staples on the shelf from the Tigard store (currently 10% off), no full boxes of Cat 5e/6.
Your Item Here
- Discussion about Russell's search through hardware stores for shielding for temperature sensors.
- Node notes:
NodeStreetRoots - Stephouse added routers and switches, co-opted upstream
- Concern about Buffalo antennas, Russell will put in an MR24 tomorrow
NodeBuffaloGap - Install Ubiquity ER-X to improve on 100Mb interface + work on cable tip
NodeAnkenyTap - Russell will discuss setting up a formal walk-through with management - but we mostly want to arrange early Saturday install time - and bring extra tools
- Tomas may be available for weekday meeting to discuss placement with owner
- Issue with ubifs flushing files (at all, ever)
- Workaround is to reboot (or sync) before a power outage can occur (nand flash devices: mr24/er-x)
- Factory reset can get remote access working
- Try mounting with -o sync, shouldn't be required?
- Corporate renewal done a week late - no downside apparently
- Annual Board Meeting
- Start 7:13pm
- Russell motioned that all others present be on the Advisory Board, unanimous consent
- Russell motioned that all positions continue to be filled by same people, unanimous consent
- End 7:14pm
- Municipal broadband trip
- Longmont, CO
Scott - done with Electric utility, no interest in OpenAccess
- Worked with a ring around city - starting from both ends
- Should've worked with multi-dwelling units earlier
- Ft. Collins has approved project, but not yet started
- Boulder had 90% interest in a project, city council approved project to install trunk fiber
- Ammon, ID
- Bruce wasn't in
- Mostly underground in conduit, 800 count fiber bundle, not "dry" fiber - no home runs
300 customers, 85% of neighborhood take rate, CenturyLink would be a provider at 1000 customers
- Just build something, don't spend all the money on central facility
- Network design by Google Maps
- Sign-up website to collect neighborhood interest - then pay outright or join LID
- CPE device is x86 board to handle future video
- Longmont, CO
- Discussion about uses for Sugru
Next week's meeting, possibly NodeGooseHollow?
Russell and Jason discussing NodeBuffaloGap maintenance on Saturday AM