What exactly is this page? It looks like Commercial Propaganda more than a category listing
Premier issue of Mobile Business Advisor magazine
I received the premier issue of Mobile Business Advisor magazine this week. It contains two articles on WiFi.
The first article is called, "Calling All Business Owners: Give Your Customers a Wireless Connection" written by Lee Barken, "IT Expert."
- - More and more Wi-Fi-enabled devices shipping - Attract customers - Differentiate yourself from competitors - Will ultimately be a ubiquitous amenity
Business models: We'll leave the Wi-Fi on for you
- - Some hotels offer free Wi-Fi in public areas - Other hotspots charge for access
- - Your connection can be used for good and bad - Paid plan safer due to login requirement -- one option is to have users sign up for free account
Don't try this at home
- Talks about home-based node phenomenon & issues
Hardware and software solutions
- - Lists players -- Boingo, NetNearU, Joltage, and Cafe.com
Building your own hotspot
- - DIY hotspot and vendors including
-- IP3Networks, Nomadix, FatPort, and Sputnik
Are you ready? Article wrap-up