Date and Time: Wednesday, March 26, 2014, 6:30-8:00 p.m.
Roll Call: Them
- Server transition report
- Node notes:
NodeHancock -- new node plugged in
NodeWygant -- still needs a roof plugged in
NodeHawthorne -- plugged back in after an extended outage due to electrical code problem
NodeBluebird -- needs some help from the node host, to remove a malfunctioning upstream router
NodeArborLodge -- two of three (at last po box check) contributors slow to contribute negotiable currency or instruments. Need to ping them again with ultimatum. No payment by end of billing cycle means we're turning it off, refunding pre-payments.
- OpenVPN-related node outage early on Monday evening, debugging a problem we are seeing with ipv6 olsrd, where something seems to cause routing table collapse. Sometimes, turning off olsr6d on specific routers seems to cure the problem. Reported upstream, with strace and packet capture. Unclear what is causing it. Restarting openvpn (needed to avoid conflicting vpn addrs) on iris can/does result in carnage across PTPnet. Also, may want to implement --ifconfig-pool-persist on iris openvpn, which will require another restart.
- Nodes with older images have damaged olsrd start/stop logic, need to investigate/mitigate or pave over.
- Russell experimenting with UDP-based dyndns system, involving socat on the server, ncat on the nodes, uses a shared-secret to validate reports, need dyndns on public ipv4, ipv6 and vpn addrs.
- Lots of new patches in ptp-openwrt-files (aka files-master) git tree of late, review.
- New splash rollout planning
- None Yet