Date and Time: Wednesday, March 16, 2016, 6:30pm-8:00pm
Roll Call: Them
- Pick location for next weekly
- Node notes:
- Russell has ordered a new TP-Link WDR3600 to see if it has the locked bootloader.
- Russell spent some time recovering a broken Bullet M5, apparently had a corrupted uboot-env, flashed a special image and erased the flash block to repair, only issue is setting the MAC address, uboot doesn't let you modify it once set (even if by a default version). Have seen intermittent eth0 problems with the current openwrt on it. Had another failed Bullet M2 partly boot, enough to capture its uboot-env, but then it died again, apparently a power supply problem, might be repairable.
Your Item Here
- Rebranding came up. The meeting to decide on a (potentially) new name was set for April.
Previous fun with considering a new name whose acronym results in CCCP was recounted. Entertaining ideas resulted, including a CoCoCoPo variant. However, there was concern that business owners would not be OK with this change.
There was some level of agreement among those present that a modest set of words captured the essense of the rebrand. An incomplete list includes Portland, Community or Co-op, Communications or Wireless or WiFi.
- Would rebranding involve changes to the splash page? The sense was no.
- We don't have a todo list for the summer Member Appreciation Event (MAE) and should start thinking about it.
- Ted expressed concern about the MAE because what would it really be? What would make our node hosts stop by, stay for a while and be happy that they did? Good food and drink? A nice day to romp in the park with kids and dogs? Should we send out a questionaire?
- It was suggested we pick a location near a node host. Arbor Lodge? Chapman school?
- Fun was had with Russell's new Chromebook. He arrived with Arch booted from usb; he installed SeaBIOS, and used chrx to dual boot GalliumOS. On Ted's old Chromebook, recently running GalliumOS, less success with mapping caps-lock to control.