Date and Time: Wednesday, April 23, 2014, 6:30pm-8:00pm
Roll Call: Them
- Pick location for next weekly
SplashPage2014 - update. Ben is back! Discussion of Next Steps
- Node notes:
- Ed's roof needs re-mounting
- Connor and Russell reconnoitered last Sunday
- Ed less likely to be around during the weekend
- Connor willing to climb
Have recruited another potential climber (Gus Swanson, a friend of CalebPhillips)
- Need to find the ethernet connector disassembly tool in pile of stuff
- Need to figure out how to re-seal the Soekris enclosure, might try a snake of tacky-tape
- Ballroom roof currently lacks a reliable link to Commons
- Connor climbed on the roof and took photos
- Lots of new building has been going on, trees appear to be the cause of our link lossage
- Might be prudent to try another radio to see if it isn't just an equipment failure instead of path loss
- Discovered afterwards that the building sold to new owners in September 2012
- Received a phone call from the new building manager indicating that she had no idea we were there, but responding to complaints from tenants. Russell told her that we were making efforts, but we really needed some community help to secure more auspicious mounting locations.
- Soekris software has been updated
- newer wireless tools
- revamped my old link quality scripts, plotted in Cacti again after a several year absense.
- newer kernel and wireless drivers hopefully will fail in new and interesting ways, rather than the old boring ways.
Have reached out again to the HistoricMississippiBusinessAssociation, so far without a reply. They have meeting in the early part of the month, Russell will try attending in May to see if he can generate any enthusiasm.
- Ed's roof needs re-mounting
NodeLabarre still down, waiting another week to touch base again
NodeSoapbox has disappeared with no explanation, as reported earlier,
NodeWygant waiting for a conjunction of dry weather and Russell waking up early enough to get their otherwise ready-to-go roof top device installed
NodeBluebird needs billing for the new hardware (~$150)
- Russell has reached out to the City to get in touch with Google Fiber to see if there we can interact in a positive way.
KeeganQuinn (as treasurer) needs to prepare/file our annual form 990-N for the IRS, we also need to file a CT-12 with the State of Oregon.
After 4 deliveries, ebay seller of used Netgear WNDR3800s has given up completing our order of 14 devices. We have 13 (two deployed already, so 11 really) that tested okay, and 8 devices with bad radios, one with bad ethernet, one with bad flash, and a Netgear WNDR4000, which isn't useful for us (wrong chipset), all of which we can keep. Supposedly we are getting a refund on the last device, but have not seen evidence that has occurred yet. There are a few places that could use one of the devices with bad radio, e.g. NodePioneeerSquare.
- Russell has applied for an OSCON booth, before the April 22 deadline, should hear in early May a yes/no/maybe.
Your Item Here
- None Yet