- Pick location for next weekly
- Node notes:
- possible new node hosts, discovered by way of Beer of Trust meeting
NodeWygant -- report of water dripping from *inside* the cat6 jacketing to the PoE injector. They left it unplugged. There is an inside network there now, which should keep them covered in the interim. We should schedule a visit to climb up on the roof and run new ethernet to the Ubiquiti Bullet.
NodeHayduke -- updated to a Meraki MR24, Personal Telco paid $50 (includes $15 donation on top of hardware cost, also deposited into bank account today), problem updating graph trees in Cacti, otherwise all good.
NodeGreenNoise -- Russell will bring an MR24 to the meeting and maybe someone can take it by and swap it in for the WGT634U
NodeCoalition (now Ankeny Tap & Table) should also be replaced similarly, Russell made contact, scheduled a meeting on Friday
NodeBuffaloGap -- node host asked for advice about people hanging out by their front door, Russell told him we'd brainstorm about it a bit.
- Fixed an image link on our wiki header page, to use https instead of http, to make our page "secure" in the eyes of Firefox.
- Meraki MR24 -- we should measure its radiation pattern, to provide some guidance on placement and coverage.
- PKI partial revamp, more needed:
- re-issue OpenVPN host keys, signed by a new PTP CA key.
- use a CA for signing node's ssh host keys, with the CA's public key in users ~/.ssh/known_hosts file, host keys can be validated.
this is cool, part of Signal encrypted voice service
- Also, wireguard.io, might be a potential replacement for our OpenVPN infrastructure
Linux Foundation Embedded Linux Conference is in Portland this month, Russell is going to attend, may be able to drag attendees to our MonthlyMeeting.
Your Item Here
NodeWygant - we need to visit with a ladder. Either the jacket on the cable is cracked, or an odd siphon is happening.
NodeHayduke - Russell replaced old hardware with Meraki.
NodeGreenNoise - Tomas will replace with Meraki.
NodeCoalition - Russell (and possibly Tomas) will stop by the old Coalition on Friday to replace the node, possibly move it.
NodeBuffaloGap - Concern about users sitting outside camping on WIFI. Is there a "useful" solution?
- Russell fixed a "broken" link on the personaltelco.net to https
Keybase mentioned by BenFoote. It is a social network for exchanging keys. Also has idea of following and implicit endorsement. Also fuse filesystem to transfer keys through Keybase.