- Pick location for next weekly
- Lost contact with magenta in Stephouse closet ... sometime in the last month or two.
- Node notes:
NodeBuffaloGap -- ap4, in the front corner room was offline due to a failed power supply, replaced it. Also, got a request to recrimp the end on an ethernet cable going to one of their cameras. --RussellSenior
NodeHancock -- back online, host is inquiring about improving the range of his household network (i.e. not the PTP one).
NodeFreeFunk -- (an MR24) back online and reflashed
NodeLuckyLabNW -- reflashed, but didn't come back online by itself (details below), fun fact, the DHCP Lease Time from the upstream router is set to 10 years;
- Other MR24 gateways reflashed:
Turns out, there are DHCP servers (I am looking at you TrendNet) that violate RFC2132 and recent OpenWrt's busybox udhcpc doesn't like that. Russell created a patch that works around the problem, submitted upstream to busybox and openwrt.
City of Portland apparently has $217 million from Section 602 of the American Recovery Act of 2021, see in particular 602(c)(1)(D), which says a valid USE OF FUNDS is "to make necessary investments in water, sewer, or broadband infrastructure". It is possible Multnomah County also has funds allocated, though I haven't heard that directly.
Congressman Clyburn has proposed a bill spending $90+ billion on broadband HR1783
Your Item Here
- Magenta (WiLine/Stephouse) offline, marketing has reached out to us, Russell mentioned the outage
- Node Notes:
NodeFreeFunk - had old info, Russell reflashed with new code
NodeLuckyLabNW - issue with DHCP from Trendnet (also 10 year lease time handed out)
- Trendnet handed back 0-length option 12 ("hostname" needs to be at least one character)
NodeBuffaloGap - Russell replaced power supply, also wanted to recrimp an ethernet cable in the future
NodeHancock - Carl of VZA, plugged node back in, but wants extended wifi range, Russell suggested Ubiquiti or ethernet
NodeHayduke - Manually taken offline, but not used
NewDealCafe - Offline since March 7, but down for 10 days as well prior to that
- All MR24 gateways have been flashed (not APs)
- Message from nocatauth from trying to add IPv6 iptables entry (not investigated, but also not likely an issue)
- Interest in investigating Babel, but need to have a different endpoint
- City of Portland received (likely backfill) dollars from American Recovery Act - which includes "necessary" improvements of broadband infrastructure.
- Series of 3 meetings with DIN group Thursday, Friday and next week
- Separate proposal to spend $90B on broadband improvements, targets un/underserved, preference for open-access
- TA3M - Surveillance - ACLU concern about any video data sharing, Oakland concerned about convergence of video tech - suggested metrics reports from groups that deploy
- New Orleans - concern about deploying cameras (ie places that sell alcohol) and convergence, w/o community control