← Revision 35 as of 2002-05-07 17:07:19
|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 83:||Line 83:|
== Weekly Meetings ==
=== New Topics ===
* Warehouse Space (Update ...)
* Idea's for PlacesToUnwire
* Free limited access. Good, bad, stupid.
* Non-profit (DSL, ISP, general incorporation, co-op etc)
* New Wiki Software / Site Software
* Drew on Splash pages and spam language
* InstallFest maybe w/ FreeGeek and PLUG (JerrittCollord)
* Logo Discussion (LonnieWormley)
* Maintaining accounts/permissions on group servers.
* Either centralized (ldap etc) or decentralized (nigel's respon for hostel, hostel, adam for pncs etc)
* Core mailing list (deprecate setup? if not how to reorg.)
* Stickers shipping
* SPB expo ... use the van?
=== Report from the Special Interest Groups ===
* NonProfitSig - AdamShand
* Propaganda - LonnieWormley
* MAN - LucasSheehan
* Access Point - JerrittCollord
=== Action Topics ===
* Need Linux bootable CD/Floppy w/ Host AP and NoCatAuth pre-installed
* ESSID standardization and what is a node
=== Resolved Topics ===
- Who's used a node? Who uses a node regularly?
- Core Member Introduction (so Newbies can approach later)
- Special OPs Team, looking for new members
- Location Location Location. Ideas?
- Wireless Basics
Q&A Session ...
- Need Presentations for May
- ==== Basics ====
Status of PayPal account
Idea's for PlacesToUnwire
Buy a TeeShirt!
- New Logo
PdxWireless site ...
- Map Data Maintainers (Someone volunteered, who?)
Ideas for promotion (flyers, stickers, conference, talks, fair, WarDriving etc)
- Donations to Personal Telco
SouthParkBlock summer wireless festival (instead of PNCS)
- Location! Location! Location! (Morrison bridge, north/south park blocks, skidmore, brooklyn park, washington park etc)
- Hawthorne Hostel (done!)
- South Park Blocks (beta)
- Pittock Building (beta)
- Columbia River Yacht Club
- Billy Reeds
- Monteauxs Restuarant
- Who's used a node? Problems? Requests?
- Web site designers? Anyone, anyone?
NoCatAuth stress testing results
OpenAp show and tell (?)
- Map Server (DOH!)
- Get offical statements of cooperation from Aracnet
- Copyright of the logo (done by Lonnie)
- Help wanted! Got an idea for a presentation please let us know.
Accountability without traceablity ... how? (AdamShand)
IPv6 as the backbone (ManSig)
- Distributed mangement and monitoring of Nodes
General question and answer session, infrastructure/ad-hoc mode (AdamShand)
- Captive Portal Demonstration (needs to wait for connectivity)
- FCC regulations (Unknown)
- RF lesson (dB vs dBi vs. dBm, fresnel zones, pathloss, isotropic radiator, etc)
War driving as a marketing tool
- Sucess stories (this is what I did to get my node up)
- Hardware recommendations and what to look for in an AP)
- Can anyone explain WDS? Other hardcore wireless stuff ...