← Revision 54 as of 2003-04-18 14:32:14
|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 11:||Line 11:|
|* Special OPs Team, looking for new members|
|Line 24:||Line 24:|
|* Ideas for PlacesToUnwire|
|Line 28:||Line 27:|
* Still waiting for feedback from IRS on 501(c)(3) status.
* We need donations
* Explain IRS feedback on application for 501(c)(3) application
* Sent response; waiting for reply from IRS
* We need donations
|Line 33:||Line 33:|
|* Adam's been travelling the world. Consume, Dunedin, Sydney.|
|Line 38:||Line 37:|
* ITEC Conference Report (RickLindahl LonnieWormley NigelBallard AlHooton)
* OryCon report (LonnieWormley)
* Pioneer Square overhaul (thanks to DarrinEden!)
* WebVisions Conference
* OSCON O'Reilly
* Pioneer Square reinstall/going away?
|Line 42:||Line 41:|
|* NewbieWorkshop (TomHiggins)||* NewbieWorkshop III (TomHiggins)|
|Line 45:||Line 44:|
|* The year 2002 in review. Disparing at end of 2002, but now we have more then we can do! Hurah!|
|Line 59:||Line 57:|
* Rose and Raindrop LucasSheehan
* At the top of Rocky Butte
|Line 68:||Line 68:|
|* NodeDB to be OpenSource'd.||* NodeDB to NOT be OpenSource'd.|
|Line 70:||Line 70:|
* Adhocracy (DarrinEden)
* Zope (DarrinEden)
* GeoWiki (JerrittCollord)
* Roster db/ jabber (DonPark)
|Line 74:||Line 78:|
|* Copyright of the logo (done by Lonnie)|
|Line 80:||Line 83:|
* How to build a node (DonPark and AndrewWoods)
* The MusenkiAccessPoint (JimThompson)
|Line 83:||Line 84:|
|* IPv6 as the backbone (ManSig)||* IPv6, OSPF, and AODV as the backbone (ManSig)|
- Who's used a node? Who uses a node regularly?
- Core Member Introduction (so Newbies can approach later)
- Location Location Location. Ideas?
- Wireless Basics
Q&A Session ...
- ==== Basics ====
- It's been a long time since the last meeting, and longer for me!
We are an Oregon NonProfit
- Explain IRS feedback on application for 501(c)(3) application
- Sent response; waiting for reply from IRS
- We need donations
- PTP dreams. Digital divide. Freedom of speach. It's all really cool folks.
WirelessLeiden kicks ... if they can do it so can we!
Buy a TeeShirt!
Propaganda Update. Tee shirts, stickers and more! (LonnieWormley)
Ideas for promotion (flyers, stickers, conference, talks, fair, WarDriving etc)
- OSCON O'Reilly
- Pioneer Square reinstall/going away?
- Transparancy: It hurts the community if we have secrets
MailingList reorganization. Admin dies. Ops open, and traffic pushed to general. Board opened to members.
- "Problems" with commercial providers, why some stuff is still secret.
- Any have better ideas?
- Don to take more active technical lead role.
- Does anyone have leads of cheap/free office space?
- "Overthrowing Qwest one block at a time". It may have been a joke, but now it's time to grow up. We need to reach into the community and learn how to work with it.
- We attempt to be a meritocracy. As such we will be accepting nominations for new board members on a "what have you done for us lately" basis.
- Location! Location! Location! (Morrison bridge, north/south park blocks, skidmore, brooklyn park, washington park etc)
Cafe on NW 21st, DarrinEden
- SE Cafe and Developers ...
Rose and Raindrop LucasSheehan
- At the top of Rocky Butte
- Who's used a node? Problems? Requests?
- Soekris boxes, what and why.
ThePlan progresses: from hotspots, to "the mesh network ...
Uptimes, not too bad. PioneerCourthouseSquare has been up for over a year, hw changed three times and still has only been down about a total three days.
- Help wanted! Got an idea for a presentation please let us know.
Anonymity on nodes w/ Cebolla (ZachBrown)
Accountability without traceablity ... how? (AdamShand)
IPv6, OSPF, and AODV as the backbone (ManSig)
- Distributed mangement and monitoring of Nodes
General question and answer session, infrastructure/ad-hoc mode (AdamShand)
- Captive Portal Demonstration (needs to wait for connectivity)
- FCC regulations (Unknown)
- RF lesson (dB vs dBi vs. dBm, fresnel zones, pathloss, isotropic radiator, etc)
War driving as a marketing tool
- Sucess stories (this is what I did to get my node up)
- Hardware recommendations and what to look for in an AP)
- Can anyone explain WDS? Other hardcore wireless stuff ...
- Keeping Free Sources of Internet Connectivity Happy through Bandwidth Management