- Who's used a node? Who uses a node regularly?
- Core Member Introduction (so Newbies can approach later)
- Location Location Location. Ideas?
- Wireless Basics
Q&A Session ...
- ==== Basics ====
- It's been a long time since the last meeting, and longer for me!
We are an Oregon NonProfit
- Explain IRS feedback on application for 501(c)(3) application
- Sent response; waiting for reply from IRS
- We need donations
- PTP dreams. Digital divide. Freedom of speach. It's all really cool folks.
WirelessLeiden kicks ... if they can do it so can we!
Buy a TeeShirt!
Propaganda Update. Tee shirts, stickers and more! (LonnieWormley)
Ideas for promotion (flyers, stickers, conference, talks, fair, WarDriving etc)
- OSCON O'Reilly
- Pioneer Square reinstall/going away?
- Transparancy: It hurts the community if we have secrets
MailingList reorganization. Admin dies. Ops open, and traffic pushed to general. Board opened to members.
- "Problems" with commercial providers, why some stuff is still secret.
- Any have better ideas?
- Don to take more active technical lead role.
- Does anyone have leads of cheap/free office space?
- "Overthrowing Qwest one block at a time". It may have been a joke, but now it's time to grow up. We need to reach into the community and learn how to work with it.
- We attempt to be a meritocracy. As such we will be accepting nominations for new board members on a "what have you done for us lately" basis.
- Location! Location! Location! (Morrison bridge, north/south park blocks, skidmore, brooklyn park, washington park etc)
Cafe on NW 21st, DarrinEden
- SE Cafe and Developers ...
Rose and Raindrop LucasSheehan
- At the top of Rocky Butte
- Who's used a node? Problems? Requests?
- Soekris boxes, what and why.
ThePlan progresses: from hotspots, to "the mesh network ...
Uptimes, not too bad. PioneerCourthouseSquare has been up for over a year, hw changed three times and still has only been down about a total three days.
- Help wanted! Got an idea for a presentation please let us know.
Anonymity on nodes w/ Cebolla (ZachBrown)
Accountability without traceablity ... how? (AdamShand)
IPv6, OSPF, and AODV as the backbone (ManSig)
- Distributed mangement and monitoring of Nodes
General question and answer session, infrastructure/ad-hoc mode (AdamShand)
- Captive Portal Demonstration (needs to wait for connectivity)
- FCC regulations (Unknown)
- RF lesson (dB vs dBi vs. dBm, fresnel zones, pathloss, isotropic radiator, etc)
War driving as a marketing tool
- Sucess stories (this is what I did to get my node up)
- Hardware recommendations and what to look for in an AP)
- Can anyone explain WDS? Other hardcore wireless stuff ...
- Keeping Free Sources of Internet Connectivity Happy through Bandwidth Management